Dear Faculty, Staff, and Students,
Last November the Provost invited several librarians, faculty members, and students to convene a Committee, headed by Mike Crist, to create a 5 year plan for Maag library. This 5 year plan reflects on current statistical info and functions of the library, and what we envision Maag to be in the future. The finalized plan is intended to help the Administration in the hiring of a Library Director, and with future budget allocations to Maag. While this committee is not the same committee as the Maag Committee under the Academic Senate, a few of us are on both committees.
The Provosts Committee, in an effort to better understand how the students utilize the space and what changes they would like to see in the future, have created a student survey, which we would like faculty to administer to their courses so we can get as much input as possible. Below is the link to the survey for your review.
Please be advised that the survey is currently in the IRB expedited review process and should not be administered to the students until that process is completed. An email will be sent when the survey is ready.
Thank you all in advance for your assistance!
The following are members of the academic program review committee discussed in Academic Senate yesterday:
- Corey Andrews
- Kevin Ball
- Amy Crawford
- Diana Fagan
- Joanne Franks
- Hillary Fuhrman
- Carol Lamb
- Ken Learman
- Marcia Matanin
- Joe Mistovich
- Greg Moring
- Sal Sanders
- A.J. Sumell
- Steve Taraszewski
- Marilyn Ward
The following are members of the YSU Reaccreditation Steering Committee as discussed in Senate yesterday.
- Kevin Ball Coordinating Committee
- Hillary Fuhrman Coordinating Committee
- Joseph Palardy Coordinating Committee
- Tysa Egleton Coordinating Committee, Chair of Federal Compliance Committee
- Michael Reagle Student Success Representative
- Mike Crist Criterion I Co-Chair
- Mary Lou DiPillo Criterion I Co-Chair
- Gregg Sturrus Criterion II Co-Chair
- Cathy Bieber Parrott Criterion II Co-Chair
- Sal Sanders Criterion III Co-Chair
- Jeff Trimble Criterion III Co-Chair
- Julia Gergits Criterion IV Co-Chair
- Joe Mistovich Criterion IV Co-Chair
- Betty Jo Licata Criterion V Co-Chair
- Katrena Davidson Criterion V Co-Chair
- Cary Wecht Communications Co-Chair
- Ron Cole Communications Co-Chair
Application for YSU Student Representative, YSU Board of Trustees
Now Accepting Applications for the 2015-2017 YSU Student Trustee Position
Applications (see link below) are now being accepted for a student position on the YSU Board of Trustees for the 2015-2017 term. The student trustee position is one of the most important leadership roles a student can hold, as he/she will be involved in decisions related to many aspects of the University’s governance, including finances, facilities, academic and student affairs.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Undergraduate or graduate student at Youngstown State University with the intent to register for classes from fall 2015 through spring 2017, without interruption;
- Resident of the State of Ohio;
- Registered to vote in the State of Ohio;
- Completion of at least 24 semester hours at Youngstown State University;
- Currently registered as a full-time student (12 hours for undergraduate students or 9 hours for graduate students); and
- Good academic standing (3.0 GPA or better) which must be maintained during the two-year term.
Applications are also available in the Offices of Student Activities and Student Government (upper level of Kilcawley Center) as well as the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs (Room 141, Tod Hall).
Please return applications to the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, Room 141, Tod Hall by Friday, November 14, 2014.
2015-2017 Student Trustee Application
President, Student Government Association
To Be Elected:
Senate Executive Committee – All Senate members from a given college, except the current Executive Committee member from that college (providing he or she is completing a full term) shall be eligible for election to the Executive Committee.
BCOE faculty (2014-2017)
STEM faculty (2014-2017)
Elections and Balloting
STEM (2014-2016) – All faculty members eligible for Senate election in a given college shall be eligible for election to the Elections and Balloting Committee for that college.
Charter and Bylaws
2 positions – Anyone eligible for Senate membership shall be eligible for election to the Charter and Bylaws Committee.
STEM faculty (2014-2017)
BCHHS faculty (2014-2017)
To Be Appointed by Senate Chair/Executive Committee:
Student Academic Affairs
1 position (faculty), any college
Student Academic Grievance Subcommittee
2 positions, faculty of any college
Professional Conduct Committee
WCBA (2014-2017), tenured faculty member
Please contact Chet Cooper if you are interested in any of the above listed positions.